Pregnancy and childbirth are normal, healthy events in the life of a family. This is a special time that needs care and support tailored to your needs - the care a midwife can give.
What to expect from your midwife
- Antenatal care with visits in our home or yours.
- Birth of your baby at home or in hospital with your own midwife.
- Postnatal visits at home or in hospital.
- Childbirth and parenting education.
- Access to information and resources.
- Care and support available 24 hours a day.
The benefits to you
- A positive approach and a belief in your ability to nurture and birth your own baby.
- Pregnancy and birth care to suit your needs and wishes.
- Continuity of care by the same midwives who know you and whom you know and trust.
- Minimal intervention in pregnancy and birth.
- A shared family experience.
Learn more about breastfeeding
The following information was taken from an article featured in a Homebirth Access Sydney newsletter written by Judy Hefferen, a Nursing Mothers Counsellor.